The Glass Darkly

Monday, March 31, 2008

Odds n Ends

Farm Flick

My daughter and her friend were playing "Little House on the Prairie" this afternoon. Her friend was Ma and she was Laura. They set up a little chicken coup on the book shelf using rolled up socks as colorful eggs. I supplied a basket and they pretended to take the eggs into town. They proudly displayed their imaginary home and as I left the room I heard my daughter say, "now we can't forget to gather the eggs or the hens will sit on them and they'll grow into babies!" Her friend (a grade ahead in school) proceeded to explain rather knowingly, "no, we don't need to worry about that! You need to spray fertilizer on them to make them grow. And we won't do that." When my daughter questioned that innocent explanation, her friend went on quite incredulously, "of course you need fertilizer! If you want anything to grow, you need to spray fertilizer on it!"

New Vocabulary

"joyfully maladjusted" (is it not an oxymoron???) In other words, be comfortable with the fact that you are not comfortable with life as it is.

This term was given by a friend who has lived internationally and believes that anyone who has, should never fully readjust to culture and life in the U.S. She would also broaden the context to say that any Christian should be joyfully maladjusted to living in this world.


Anything New?????

So did anyone hear Obama?????? Anything good?????

1 Comments:

  • Dawn.

    I love the term joyfully maladjusted! It is so fitting to many situations wherein I find myself.

    I did hear Obama. Check out my blog.

    Leon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 AM, April 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home