The Glass Darkly

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Transformation

I’m not sure this post fits too well with the types of things I usually post on this blog. But I had a very unusual and very powerful experience Sunday night and I feel convicted that I need to share it more publicly than I usually dare with such things. I guess I’ll say I am posting it because I feel it is an issue of obedience between God and me. And I suppose it really does relate to language and culture and the human condition because it relates to the Church. My view of the Church transcends language and cultural barriers and I believe its mission is to bring about reconciliation in all areas of life.

The whole story is too long to tell here, so I have attached it to this post. I will say, however, that I feel like God has been challenging me over the last 5 years in my understanding of His will for the Church and how we are to live out our missional calling. I give testimony to the reassurance that when we seek God with all our hearts He hears us and responds. And through this experience I am more firm than ever in the belief that we, as Christians, need to be devoted to prayer, prayer for an openness to hear God’s voice and prayer for a unity in the Body that cannot be shaken.


My Story of Transformation

4 Comments:

  • Dawn.

    Thanks for so honestly sharing your story with us.

    Peace,

    Leon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 PM, September 25, 2007  

  • Dawn,
    Thank you for sharing!

    Brian

    By Blogger Brian Miller, at 4:09 PM, October 04, 2007  

  • Thank you for sharing and I am intrigued with your revelation. Weather I agree or disagree it has given me something to think about. I think there is a side that impresses me that I would like to share.

    The Marriage is very important God has already preordained our social desires as man and women. Being involved with some “Wild at Heart” series with other men I realized men had a lot of issues with women in authority. Trying to figure out why led me to the Bible to research Church and women. I did not find any new verses and did not even come away with a new view or belief. But God did show me how to deal with this.

    My wife and I feel like it is our calling to help hurting marriages so this is an important topic. The Paul said women were to sit quietly in a service but more importantly if they want to inquire about something they should ask their husbands privately. Well statistics show the largest cause of divorce is break up of communication.

    If we were to live this more this would force a righteous communication in the Marriage and also cause more people/couples to GET INTO THE WORD.

    Most spiritual communication cause an intimacy on a very emotional level that is not always beneficial between men and women who are not married.

    Paul also said that everything is permissible but not beneficial, this may be one of those topics????????????????????

    By Blogger God's servant, at 8:37 PM, November 10, 2007  

  • Thank you for sharing. I am curious about several of your comments and would invite you to further explanation.

    I start with this one,

    "...I realized men had a lot of issues with women in authority. Trying to figure out why led me to the Bible to research Church and women."

    What were some of the issues you identified?

    And then you talked a lot about marriage,

    "...Paul said women were to sit quietly in a service but more importantly if they want to inquire about something they should ask their husbands privately. Well statistics show the largest cause of divorce is break up of communication."

    I am not sure I am following your connection here . . . Are you saying that having women in leadership messes up a God-ordained or God-ordered pattern of spiritual communication?

    And finally,

    "Most spiritual communication cause an intimacy on a very emotional level that is not always beneficial between men and women who are not married."

    Are you saying this is a danger with women in leadership? And if so, how is this any different for men who are in the same role?

    By Blogger Gecko Girl, at 10:50 PM, November 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home