The Glass Darkly

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Visuals of Diversity

People . . . the Earth is full of people. This picture of a NYC street is one visual for me today.

My son keeps singing the chorus to a song we've learned in the last year, "We will break dividing walls . . . in the Name of Your Son . . ." I've had a nasty cold the last week and have felt too sick to sing with my children, yet he keeps asking me to sing that song with him. Now, I can't get the concept or the song out of my head.

Though I feel too tired to write, I wanted to remember this morning. I drove through the center of the city as I usually do. There were lots more kids out as the city schools had off today. I also saw the usual business people, blue collar workers, a bag man pushing his cart of rubbish treasures across the street, moms walking their children along, a teenage girl sitting on her elderly grandmother's lap on the front steps of their apartment . . . faces of every color, age and aspect of society. The whole while, my son is belting out that song, "we will break dividing walls . . ." And I wondered to myself, "What am I doing to make that happen?"

People . . . God has made so many people and this Easter we celebrate God's incredible love for all these people. What am I doing to show that love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home