The Glass Darkly

Saturday, March 11, 2006

"What are Geckos?"

This post is for those of you who have asked me what geckos are (and why I chose the pen name Gecko Girl). Actually, I was asked to pick a pen name by my husband and without much thought, I just chose something that was part of my Asian culture. Geckos were something I very much came to enjoy as you may have noticed in my post, "I love my kitchen!"

Here are some pictures of the various little reptiles we had slithering around our home.

Tokay - we only had a few of these:

Little green ones (Khmer: ching-chah). We had endless numbers of these everywhere and would find their little eggs hiding behind books on our book shelves.

And, this is the gecko picture I wish I could use for my profile (if only I could figure out how to put a picture in there again. I tried it once but this one wouldn't fit right into the little box they give and now I can't remember how I did it!):

They might be a bit annoying at times, but these little creatures sure can grow on yah and be quite helpful! Maybe that's why the name suits me well enough :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home