The Glass Darkly

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Uncertainties of Life

Songwriter, Brian Doerksen, expresses my Psalm for this week:

I don't know what this day will bring
Will it be disappointing or filled with longed-for things?


I don't know what tomorrow holds
Still I know I can trust Your faithfulness.


I don't know if those clouds mean rain
If they do, will they pour down blessing or pain?

I don't know what the future holds
Still I know I can trust Your faithfulness.

I don't know how or when I'll die
Will it be a thief or will I have a chance to say good-bye?

I don't know how much time is left
But in the end I will know Your faithfulness.


When darkness overwhelms my soul
When thoughts are storms of doubt
Still I trust You are always faithful -- always faithful.


Certain as the rivers reach the sea
Certain as the sunrise in the east
I can rest in Your faithfulness.

Surer than a mother's tender love
Surer than the stars still shine above
I can rest in Your faithfulness.

2 Comments:

  • thanks for the directions about deleting comments...that should be helpful. : )

    I gave up facebook (which is a large part of college life) for Lent. Hopefully I won't be so distracted now : ) Hope your fast goes well : )

    See you in a bit more than a week!!!! I am so excited for a break!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:55 PM, February 22, 2007  

  • Matt Goss Band:

    http://www.mattgossband.com/music.html

    They are a local band, they lead worship at LCBC.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:43 PM, February 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home