The Glass Darkly

Monday, July 27, 2009

Home of the Living

Look out over this valley . . . what do you see?

I don't know what it is.
It looks desolate.
It looks like years and years of sad stories.
Why do you lead me here to look?

Look closely. What do you see?

It looks like miles of dead bones . . .
just piles of them.
I don't understand.

I want you to see their sad stories.
I want you to feel their pain.
I want you to speak life into them and revive their hope.

I can't do that, Lord.
They're dead; they're dry;
there is nothing that can be done.

Do as I ask.

Speak to them in whispers.
Remind them of the hope that once was theirs.

Speak to them boldly.
Proclaim to them the Life that still is within their bones.

Shout to them with all your might.
Let them not doubt the power of the Lord to revive them and bring them peace.

Give them this message:

That the Lord who walked with Abraham and Joshua and Joseph and Ezekiel is the same Lord who calls these bones to shake and reform.

It is God who gives life and sustains hope.
It is the "I am" who breathes air into hollow spaces and forms humanity from dust.

I will raise up my people from the dust and build my Church from the Earth.
No more will this valley be mere dry bones.
It will bloom and flood with streams of living water.
It will be called my resting place,
for it will gather those who are thirsty and hungry and those in need of peace.

Prophesy to the bones, whisper my words of hope,
and proclaim the stories of my people.
And this valley will become my resting place, the home of the living.
And all will be drawn to it,
because I have spoken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home