The Glass Darkly

Friday, June 06, 2008

Summer Break and Catching UP

Oh my goodness! I nearly forgot my log-in info for my blog. I have had little to no interest in blogging the last few weeks -- too many other things demanding my attention. And I apologize I had comment enabling on the whole time - forgot to turn it off. I think I'm back on track now. . . though I'm not too sure how much longer my computer will live. It's been having some major problems lately to the point I nearly lost my final project for my class yesterday. Yes there were tears -- and lots of prayers till an hour later I was able to coax the thing to reboot long enough to print it out. It's twitching and doing strange things right now too, but so far, I'm still online.

I've been struggling again lately with feeling depressed and unfocused. I wondered if/when I could kick myself out of it . . . hoping it was just a busy thing and summer/school break would be the sunshine I nee
ded. Now summer is officially here -- I can say it and I can feel it!!!! Nothing cheers me more than just sitting outside watching the birds flit around, squirrels intently digging for food and flowers spreading their beautiful colors toward the sky.

My kids are out of school now and I just finished my 4-week summer class last night. What a relief till -- after a chaotic morning today trying to adjust to having them run around making messes all over the place and my baby refusing to take a nap, I finally realized that if I'm actually going to survive and even enjoy this summer, some organization has got to happen. I'm not good at messes and chaos. So I sat down with my kids and agreed upon a summer schedule so they are happy and clear and so I'm not driven crazy with aimless days where I get nothing done.

And because of that I am actually enjoying a quiet hour now catching up on various blogs and writing. I think at this stage of my life, this is important therapy for me.

So to all of you who are embarking on your summer - enjoy the sunshine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home